Continuing Education Units

All water well contractors are required to be licensed by the state of Kansas. To maintain a license, once it has been obtained, the driller must complete 8 hours of continuing education units and submit them for approval by the Education Committee in care of the KGWA. After they have been approved, a report is sent to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment for the license renewal. A fee of $10 per CEU is required to process the requests for approval. The attached document reviews what is considered and viable CEU, and what is not. Part of the Kansas Ground Water Association’s job is to help licensed contractors find opportunities for their CEUs. The KGWA Annual Convention always has a high attendance because of the Trade show and it provides enough seminars and workshops for a contractor to complete all 8 hours within two days.